IPL and EPL with multiple operating modes including BBL
Both Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and IPL plus Radio Frequency (RF) energy (EPL) are available from this versatile machine.
The Intense Pulsed Light system works on the basis of selective thermolysis. Intense pulsed light as the name implies is a concentrated amount of light energy produced by a Xenon flash lamp. It has an initial broad spectrum of 400 to 1200 nm that can be filtered to optimise the spectrum of the intense pulsed light for the condition being treated.
The addition of RF which has the same effect on all skin types reduces the amount of light energy needed, thereby reducing the risk of pigmentation changes post treatment in darker skin types. The addition of RF also enhances the removal of lighter hair but it would be wrong to claim that this technology is ideal for the removal of blonde, white or red hair.
IPL and EPL are tried and tested treatments for clinics moving into the field of light based therapies that wish to be able to address a range of indications at a modest cost including, active acne treatment, vascular lesions, pigmented lesions, skin rejuvenation and hair removal.
- IPL and EPL in one machine
- Multiple Operating Modes including BBL
- Non-preferred operating modes can be disabled
- Range of filters included as standard
- TEC cooling of heads and water tank ensure patient comfort and improve reliability.
- RF addition enables a wider application for lighter hair removal
- FDA approved